Wednesday 27 July 2011

The day we met Mrs Brown.

I'm not laughing at your marshmallow iceberg - it looks great.   I liked your use of collage within your picture, particuarly the way you drew the tail then placed it on your horizon.  I did art in year 11 and adored it; my medium of choice was collage. I love generating and realizing a piece of work from paper, combined with other materials. 

The way Maureen teaches is absorbing, showing us drama strategies by allowing us to play within the world of drama.  As Sinclair, Jeanneret and O'Toole (2010) state, drama gives children the chance to imagine and actively engage in actions from the past, present and future.  Maureen also told us that, unfortunately, drama is not individually within the curriculum, but can be used in a cross curricula sense to captivate students, but you need to have a reason for teaching and using the drama.


Mrs Brown was a fantastic way to get us involved. While adults tend to sit back and wait to see what is going to happen, children jump straight in. 

My favourite strategy was blanket enrolment. To have all students in the same role was awesome.  I enjoyed where we all took the mystery of Little Red, although I kept thinking of the movie Hoodwinked, it was hard to move away from that plot line. 

Another strategy that I enjoyed watching was the great game of power. I didn't get involved but observing it I could see that within a classroom this would be engrossing.

AMY
I agree that I will contribute 50% to this Blog and accept than in the summative assessment, we will receive the same mark against the criteria indicated in the Unit Outline.  


Sinclair,C., Jeanneret, N., O'Toole, J,. (2010) Education in the arts. Victoria, Australia; Oxford University Press.

  on Feb 10, 2006, Hoodwinked.  Retreived on 28th July from, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpVqRm8G97U


1 comment: